Monday, February 8, 2010

Awww, "Dear John"

I saw this weekend's box office winner Dear John last week during a sneak preview. The film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel was no Notebook, but it was a nice love story nonetheless.

I have not read the book, so I didn't know what to expect. Channing Tatum plays John Tyree, a soldier on leave for two weeks at his dad's house in South Carolina. He meets Savannah (Amanda Seyfried), and they instantly fall in love. When he goes back on duty they in contact with - you guessed it - Dear John letters.

Once he gets off duty, he reenlists after September 11. Things happen that tear them apart, and there is even one shocking twist that I was not expecting at all. I enjoyed the movie, and I even got teary-eyed a few times. Plus, let's face it. It's not hard not to like Tatum. Shoot, I even liked him in Step Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment