Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fall clogs

Now that fall shoes are out, clogs are absolutely everywhere. They've been steadily gaining popularity since spring (blame it on Chanel). I've been wearing my Alice + Olivia for Payless white linen pair all summer, but I haven't felt right wearing leather closed-toe clogs during 100-degree weather. Luckily, as temps start to cool, these clogs make great transition shoes as I wait until I can wear my over-the-knee boots, etc. [bananarepublic.com]

Banana Republic's 'Ginara Sling-Back Clog' ($120) is fabulous and practical. I love the grey smoke color. I would pair them with opaque tights and dresses. [urbanoutfitters.com]

Another favorite pair of mine is Sam Edelman's 'Studded Clogs' ($168) from Urban Outfitters. They're available in leopard, which is obviously my first pick, black and brown. I love the fact that they're also super-tall and slip-on, which means you can simply kick them off when foot pain sets in. [Nordstrom.com]

Coach also makes a leopard pair, 'Rana Clog' ($218) at Nordstrom. Rana's also available in black and brown.

Steve Madden's 'Carnee' slingbacks ($129.95), also from Nordstrom, are extremely cute. The chunky wooden heel reminds me a lot of Jeffrey Campbell clogs. I like this brown color - it appears to be almost like a brick red. They're also available in black suede.

No comments:

Post a Comment