Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Colorful wedding dresses

[REVOLVEclothing.com]

I got an e-mail from REVOLVEclothing.com featuring a pink lace wedding dress by British designer House of Holland for $1,200 (which happens to only be available in a US size 4). It's quite lovely and certainly unique with the sheer lower half and asymmetrical sleeve, but after picking out my wedding dress, I can't imagine wearing any color besides white or a variation thereof. On a side note: love the babysbreath bouquet and hairpiece!
More power to the brides who have worn or are wearing colored wedding dresses, but it seems like this is the one day in your life to wear white. Even Sarah Jessica Parker regrets her choice of a black wedding dress in 1997. She recently told Harper's Bazaar this in reference to renewing her vows, “White it up. I’d wear a beautiful, proper wedding dress, like I should have worn that day." Gwen Stefani found a way to incorporate color for her 2002 wedding. Her gorge Christian Dior dress's white-to-pink ombré was definitely one of a kind. A lot of brides choose colored sashes to accent white gowns. I still will be saving the colors for the honeymoon - except for maybe my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment