Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eclipse soundtrack

I finally received my Eclipse soundtrack in the mail last week after pre-ordering on Amazon what seems like ages ago. I like it so far. I don't know that I like it as much as the Twilight or New Moon soundtrack (yet, anyway).

Here's the track list...

1. Eclipse (All Yours) - Metric
2. Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) - Muse
3. Ours - The Bravery
4. Heavy In Your Arms - Florence + The Machine
5. My Love - Sia
6. Atlas - Fanfarlo
7. Chop And Change - The Black Keys
8. Rolling In On A Burning Tire - The Dead Weather
9. Let's Get Lost -Beck and Bat For Lashes
10. Jonathan Low - Vampire Weekend
11. With You In My Head (Feat. The Black Angels) - Unkle
12. A Million Miles An Hour - Eastern Conference Champions
13. Life On Earth - Band Of Horses
14. What Part Of Forever - Cee Lo Green
15. Jacob's Theme - Howard Shore

Obviously there's a Muse song on there. "Neutron Star Collision" is very dramatic and rock-operatic. The "our love would be forever" lyrics are very appropriate for the Eclipse.

My other favorite songs include The Black Keys' "Chop and Change" (my only qualm is that the song is too short - just when I'm dancing and singing along, it's over!), The Dead Weather's "Rolling In On a Burning Tire," Vampire Weekend's "Jonathan Low," and the soothing Band of Horses' "Life on Earth." I also dig Cee Lo's song "What Part of Forever." He whistles in it!

"Jacob's Theme" by composer Howard Shore is quite beautiful. Shore had big shoes to fill after Alexandre Desplat's "New Moon (The Meadow)" and Carter Burwell's "Bella's Lullaby" from the two previous soundtracks.

The album is selling for $9.99 on Amazon now. I love getting the soundtrack before the film is out then recognizing the songs in the movie. C'mon June 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment