Monday, August 10, 2009

French soap Mistral

[mistralsoap.com]

I first stumbled upon Mistral soaps at a store in the beautiful Hotel del Coronado near San Diego a few years ago, and I've have been hooked ever since. The soaps, made in Provence, France, have delicious scents and are very moisturizing.

According to their site, the scents are inspired by, "during the winter and spring the Mistral wind sweeps down from the Alps across the storied landscape of Provence, leaving behind luminous, deep blue skies." Doesn't that just make you want to take a deep breath of fresh Provence air?

My favorite is the Vanilla Apricot Oatmeal organic shea butter soap. It's also a gentle exfoliant. One bar lasts me a few months too. I much prefer these over any kind of shower gel or body wash. I'm also loving their newest scent, Black Tea Mandarin. Delish!

The soaps sell for only $8 each, which makes them an affordable luxury. Buy them on Mistral's site, or anywhere they are sold, including Anthropologie. Mistral offers free shipping on orders over $60, plus you get a free bar of soap for signing up for their e-mail list on orders over $50.

I just bought these soaps for favors for a bridesmaid luncheon, and they were a huge hit. Mistral also makes lotions, creams, perfume and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment