Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lust: A luxe beach bag

[couture.zappos.com]

Every summer I use those beach totes that you get from Victoria's Secret for free with a swimsuit purchase. Sure, they help haul all of my stuff down to the beach for one season, but after that they're kaput. I would love a sturdy and slightly luxe beach bag this year.

I love the vibrant Marc by Marc Jacobs' 'Misty Pool Mabel Tote' ($188) from Zappos Couture. Plus, the Marc Jacobs logo on the straps reminds me of his graffiti collection for Louis Vuitton. This tote is made of beach-safe canvas and has a zip top which helps keep the sand out.
[couture.zappos.com]

Another great option is the lemon-printed Juicy Couture's 'Beach Tote' ($148), also from Zappos Couture. It also comes with an accessory bag - perfect for lip balm and a snack!

I just found out about Zappos Couture. I had no idea that Zappos.com had a more upscale sibling! They sell women's and men's clothing, shoes and accessories with brands including Alexander McQueen, Delman, Ports 1961, Prada, etc. They also offer free shipping, which is always appreciated in my book.
[piperlime.com]

I also like Kate Spade's 'Take a Dip Tote' ($195) from Piperlime.com. It's a bit steep for a canvas tote (hellooo, L.L. Bean), but it's a classic bag, and the hardware is 14-karat gold, afterall.
[piperlime.com]

Lily Pulitzer's 'Original Tote' ($88) from Piperlime is the ultimate Palm Beach-chic. It looks like something Pulitzer could have created in the '60s.

Methinks I need one of these for my honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment