Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Weekend beach picks

This weekend is the unofficial start of summer. I always go to the Outer Banks with my family. Here are some of my must-packs for the long weekend...[victoriassecret.com]

-Easy cover-ups:
Unfussy swimsuit cover-ups are always nice at the beach. I like this 'Tie-dye Beach Dress' from Victoria's Secret. It comes in purple, pink and green for $39.99. [nordstrom.com]

-Havaianas: These are the only flip-flops I will wear. They're comfy, colorful and classic (how's that for alliteration!). Nordstrom has some solid colors on sale right now for $11.90. The 'Fun' pair pictured is $22. I also often find them at Ross or Marshall's.[anthropologie.com]

-Tote: An indestructible tote is a must. Anthropologie has two totes on sale for $9.99, 'Hardy Camellias Tote' and 'Go Green Tote.'

[forever21.com]

-Straw hat: Covering my face at the beach is crucial. This 'Side Bow Fedora' from Forever 21 is a steal at under $9 and it's very chic.

[jcrew.com]

-Shorts: I bought these slightly loud bright kiwi '3" Chino Shorts' ($40) from J.Crew when they were having their shorts sale. This is their shortest length.

[saksfifthavenue.com]

-Sunnies: Sunglasses are a beach must. Actually, they're an everyday must. Seriously, I am blind in the daytime without them. I'm obsessed with these Dolce & Gabbana 'Goldtone Frame Sunglasses' from Saks. I love the shape and the gold-tone brow. Plus, I don't think they're too unreasonably priced at $260.
[jcrew.com]

-Swimsuit: No, I don't own this swimsuit yet, but I will be buying it before my honeymoon. The 'Tulle Underwire Top and Retro Hipster' (top $60, bottoms $56) from J.Crew are inspired by French swimwear. Who knew you could have tulle on swimwear? It's available in buff pink, dusty baltic and black.
My beach read of choice is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Now, if someone could just invent sand-proof nail polish I'd be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment