Monday, February 1, 2010

Brooklyn Flea

Before recent years I would've scoffed at the idea of perusing a flea market. My sister loves vintage clothing and always finds great stuff, so I've been gradually warming to the idea. We went to an amazing flea market in Zurich, Switzerland in the fall. Then I was in New York City over the weekend, so we paid a visit to the Brooklyn Flea Market. It's inside of the former Williamsburg Savings Bank for the winter. What a gorgeous old building it is.

My favorite finds are great old costume jewelry. Last winter, I found a gold bangle with colored stones that I adore. Yesterday from the same seller, I bought a big, gold 1970s cameo ring. I also found a white beaded clutch from the 1950s.

You can find some designer items too. We saw a very disco gold lamé Christian Dior top and a Sonia Rykiel oversized blazer both for $95. I also found a white quilted Chanel bag.

Learn more about the 100+ vendor market here. It's open indoors on Saturdays and Sundays 10am-5pm until March 27 and 28. It opens outdoors in April. Also, be sure to come hungry. They sell delish food like cheddar and chive scones and red velvet cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment