Thursday, February 11, 2010

R.I.P. Alexander McQueen

[dailymail.co.uk]

I am saddened by the suicide of British designer Alexander McQueen. He was a true fashion genius. In a world where many play it safe with fashion, I always appreciated McQueen's edgy, unique designs that to me were works of art.

Pictured above with Sarah Jessica Parker at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala in matching tartan plaid. This is by far my favorite look. I remember seeing McQueen's designs at the exhibit, "AngloMania: Tradition and Transgression in British Fashion," and I was just in complete awe.
[fashion-stylist.net]

There aren't many pop singers that compare to Lady Gaga in terms of fashion. Gaga wore a lot of McQueen's designs; some even say she was his muse. She wore his famous/infamous shoes from the Spring 2010 collection in her "Bad Romance" video.
SJP wore McQueen's green strapless dress with a fabulous Phillip Treacy hat to the premiere of Sex and the City. I can't think of a more appropriate place to wear such an incredible outfit.
[nydailynews.com]

Cate Blanchett wore this amazing sculpted, sparkly dress from the designer's Spring 2009 collection to the premiere of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.[redcarpetfashionawards.com]

More recently, I loved the elegant McQueen gown that SAG Award winner Sandra Bullock wore to the awards show. The cut and splash of color were simply stunning.

[fabsugar.com]

The always fashionable Mary-Kate Olsen wore McQueen's navy double-breasted pea coat (which she belted) on the Today Show recently.

The fashion world will miss McQueen; that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment