Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hugh Jackman, Beyonce musical?

Australian director Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge, Australia, Romeo + Juliet) is considering doing a musical with Hugh Jackman and Beyonce. Jackman starred in the epic romance Australia, which despite its lukewarm reviews, I thought it was a beautifully done film. Song-and-dance man Jackman and Beyonce performed an entertaining medley together at the 2009 Academy Awards.

Lurhmann had kind words about Beyonce in Vogue, "My mind is racing already... I'm sure that there is a dramatic cinematic life for her. It's been a long time since we've seen that kind of performer, like Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross, on the screen." Beyonce starred in Dreamgirls and Cadillac Records, an Etta James biopic.

As a big fan of Lurhmann's films and of Mr. Jackman, I think this is an excellent idea. I can't wait to hear more details on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment