Monday, March 30, 2009

On the fence about jumpsuits

[Kevin Winter/Getty Images]

Jumpsuits have been seen on loads of celebs in the past few years and apparently the trend is still going strong. Debra Messing wore this navy blue number by Alice + Olivia in Los Angeles. Wearing a jumpsuit is naturally a super-retro look, and the platform heels she chose are a bit too 70s for me. I like the wide, gold belt to break up the monochromatic top and bottom.

I still don't know how I feel about the jumpsuit trend though. If worn right, it can look fabulous, but if worn wrong, it can be an utter disaster. The best bet is to stay away from denim to avoid the farmer look and from unflattering fabrics like satin in bright colors. As a shorter gal, the shorts romper would be more my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment