Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Christian Siriano for Payless

[Payless.com]

I know that I've been writing a lot about Payless's designer collections lately, but I must write a bit more since Christian Siriano's collection is out today. The line is very typical of the Project Runway winner's fresh and edgy style. My sister gets to check out his show on Saturday for Fashion Week. Ugh, lucky girl!

Now, about his affordable collection. My favorite pair is the 'Strut Pump' pictured at the top ($34.99). These lizard-skin pumps with chain detail on the toe are perfect for work or play. They'd look perfect with a pencil skirt, belt and tights.

Honestly, I like all seven pairs of his shoes. Shoe prices range from $29.99 up to $49.99 for the boots. I think the 'Slither' blue-grey satin ankle boots are fabulous. There are also a great pair of peep-toe pumps with an ankle strap ('Sandstrap').

Siriano also designed two pairs of flats. Spikes are used in several of the pieces on the zippers including the stylish 'Shanbag' clutch ($24.99). I really like that the clutch is oversized (15" wide). It'll easily transition to day or night.

Check out the entire fierce collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment