Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Jay Leno Show

After a somewhat disappointing Gossip Girl season opener, I was excited to catch Jay Leno's prime time debut. It started out similarly to The Tonight Show with the stand-up comedy routine and Kevin Eubanks and the band. Jerry Seinfeld and Oprah (via telecast) were his first guests. Seinfeld joked about Leno not being able to secure a more famous guest than he.

Little did we viewers know that Kanye West would soon be pouring his heart out during an apology for interrupting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the MTV VMAs. When Leno asked how Kanye thought his mother would feel about what he did, the whole audience fell silent. He never made eye contact, but he looked like he was going to cry. His apology definitely seemed sincere; I hope that it was.

Kanye went on to perform "Run This Town" with Jay-Z and Rihanna. I must admit that I'm kind of obsessed with that song off Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3 album.

I'll be interested to see how Leno's show does in the coming months. I think that everyone is rooting for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment