Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fall must-have: Over-the-knee boots

Julia Roberts rocked them in Pretty Woman, and now they're back in a big way. The over-the-knee boot is a fall must-have. I love both flat and heeled versions. These boots were all over the Fall '09 runways (see Rodarte's grey thigh-high version).

It's probably best to go for over-the-knee than mid-thigh like the Rodarte boots for everyday wear. They look chic over denim or with dresses and skirts.

[Anthropologie.com]

Here are a few of my favorite choices:
-Frye Cranberry Bog Boots, Anthropologie, $458. This berry color is fabulous. It makes me think of fall. I picture wearing these with a cozy sweater and denim on the weekends.

[Piperlime.com]

-Chinese Laundry Trust Me, Piperlime, $99 (also available in grey). They're are so reasonably priced. The silver buttons add a little something extra. These boots would be great for walking around the city.

[Nordstrom.com]

-GUESS Rumala, Nordstrom, $199.95 (also available in grey). The heels aren't too high on these, and I like the sleek shape. I'd wear these to work.

1 comment: