Thursday, November 12, 2009

CMAs fashion, y'all

[Getty Images]

I watched last night's Country Music Awards (CMAs) on and off. I do have a soft spot in my heart for country music as a girl from Virginia. The show was pretty entertaining. Of course, I had to turn it when Glee came on though.

Hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood sang "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Kanye" - a jab at Kanye West for interrupting their girl Taylor Swift. Underwood changed dresses like 1,000 times, but I did really like the silver, sparkly dress she wore (pictured).

Nicole Kidman, who was there to support hubby Keith Urban, wore a gorgeous raspberry-colored L'Wren Scott dress. Kidman has red hair again, and it looks great. I just wish she would stop doing whatever it is she's doing that's giving her that frozen look.

Swift was the youngest person to win ever win the Entertainer of the Year Award. Her princessy Reem Acra gown with gold sequins was another favorite. The best dressed couple award goes to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, everyone's favorite country music couple. McGraw was looking mighty fine in his signature cowboy hat, and Hill's grey strapless dress with layered necklaces was simple and flattering.

[Getty Images]

I did not like Kellie Pickler's metallic one-shoulder dress. Or maybe it was the new darker 'do I didn't like? I also didn't like presenter Patricia Heaton's (who made an awkward shout-out to Kidman) burgundy dress. Too. Much. Cleavage.

No comments:

Post a Comment