Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Scent obsession: Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue

[bondno9.com]

I've been a fan of Bond No. 9 perfume for years. Ever since I set foot in their cute little shop on Bleecker St. (next to Magnolia Bakery) I was hooked. Thankfully my cousin, who surely must be Bond's #1 customer at Saks, has tossed me lots of samples.

My new favorite is Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue eau de parfum. It's positively delish. The notes are...

-blue cypress
-fennel (unexpected and yummy!)
-roasted almonds
-pink peony
-crème brulée
-sandalwood

Warhol lived on Lexington Ave. in the 1950s. The fabulous bottle features his shoe designs. Right now, you can get the limited edition bottle with a Robert Lee Morris necklace. The necklace is 18" long and features four sterling silver shoe charms engraved with the Warhol quote, “Beauty is shoe, shoe beauty” ($575). Other prices are: 50ml, $140; 100ml, $205; and bon-bon 7ml $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment