Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Go faux

[urbanoutfitters.com]

I recently found one of my grandma's many big, glam fur coats in the closet. It's embroidered with her name on the lining. She was a very chic lady. Alas, that was a different time, and real fur gives many people the creeps these days. Luckily faux fur is both socially acceptable and stylish now. Here are a few of my favorite fur-free pieces for the fall/winter...

Urban Outfitters, Silence & Noise 'Pamela Coat,' $168 (above). This coat looks almost identical to my grandmother's. It would be perfect over dresses or denim.

[bloomingdales.com]

Bloomingdales, Aqua, 'Faux Mink Fur Coat,' $188. Another coat in my grandmother's closet was a mink (several minks for that matter) with the heads attached, eek! This glam faux mink coat looks modern, and will look as great dressed up or dressed down. I love the oversized shawl collar.

[saksfifthavenue.com]

Saks Fifth Avenue, Juicy Couture, 'Faux Fur Jacket,' $398. This faux rabbit fur jacket looks great with black, as demonstrated. The peter pan collar makes it look unique.

[urbanoutfitters.com]

Urban Outfitters, byCORPUS 'Chubby Jacket,' $168. You get two key fall trends - animal print and faux fur - in one, what more could you ask for?

Then there's always the vest option, which I also discussed here...

[forever21.com]

Forever 21, 'Long Shag Vest,' $37.50. First of all, I love that the vest is black. The belt will help it not to look as bulky as some fur can do. I would probably remove the satin belt and replace with a different one.

[net-a-porter.com]

Net-a-Porter.com, Rebecca Taylor, 'Faux Fur Gilet,' $350. This fabulous vest is open in the front. I'd pair it over a dress or with skinnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment