Thursday, February 26, 2009

David Archuleta goes on tour

Awww, little David Archuleta is growing up. He kicked off his tour this week in Virginia, and I saw him last night at The National. The season 7 American Idol runner-up did a fantastic job considering it was only his second show. He said "I've never been here [Virginia] before, but you guys sure have a lot of energy." God bless him.

I have to admit that I am a fan of his radio-hit song "Crush," but wasn't familiar with his other songs. I'm pretty sure that the screaming girls in the audience knew all of the songs though. The screaming got louder whenever he said the word love - which was a lot.

He mostly sang tunes from his debut self-titled album. He also sang a few of his favorite songs from 2008 including "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles. The crowd went wild when Archuleta sang hometown boy Jason Mraz's hit "I'm Yours." He also pounded out a few notes on the keyboard.

Archuleta's smooth, soulful voice will probably only improve since he's a mere 18-years-old. He genuinely seemed appreciative of his fans. I hope that he stays that way because it is really endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment