Monday, February 9, 2009

Grammy night



The Grammys were interesting last night. I loved Radiohead's performance of "15 Step," which was featured in the movie Twilight. The USC marching band performed with them, and it was hot!

I also liked the "Swagger Like Us" performance that started off with very pregnant M.I.A. singing "Paper Planes." Her bathing suit outfit was a bit out of control, but I thought the men (T.I., Jay-Z, Kanye and Lil Wayne) looked handsome in their tuxes.

Another memorable performances was my grandma's beloved Neil Diamond singing "Sweet Caroline." I'm pretty sure I saw T.I. dancing in his seat. I also loved the Jonas Brothers performance of "Superstition" with Stevie Wonder. They're adorable and super-talented.

I liked Sugarland's performance of "Stay" followed by a cameo in Adele's "Chasing Pavements" (winner of Best Female Pop Vocal Performance). It was an unexpected combo, but it worked. I was happy that Adele won Best New Artist.

Chris Brown and Rihanna were no-shows after he allegedly assaulted her with a deadly weapon. What theee? It's so tragic; I thought they were such a sweet couple.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss went home with Album and Record of the Year for Raising Sand and "Please Read the Letter" respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment