Friday, February 6, 2009

Foolish Phelps

Oh Michael Phelps. The marijuana inhalation incident allegedly took place in November when Phelps was visiting the University of South Carolina. C'mon, surely he had to know that one of his "friends" would leak a picture.

Phelps apologized for his behavior. "I will say that with the mistakes that I've made in my life, I've learned from them...It's definitely not what I wanted, and it's clearly not what my mom wanted," he told The Sun.

Kellogg's has dropped him from their endorsement deal. He still has Visa, Speedo, Omega and PureSports sponsoring him.

I'm a firm believer in Luke 12:48, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more." Yes, he's young, but he has so many people who look up to him. People make mistakes, but doing something as simple as abstaining from illegal drugs shouldn't be too much for him to handle. Also, smoking the gonga can't be great for his swimming.

Ashton Kutcher spoke out to defend Phelps via Twitter, "Go ask your 20-year-old kid what they did last weekend." Umm, no. Every 20-year-old kid does NOT smoke marijuana. Grow up.

I have a feeling that this will be like Kate Moss's cocaine scandal. Hopefully Phelps will learn from his mistakes, and he'll end up back on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment