Monday, February 16, 2009

Lily Allen's "It's Not Me, It's You"



Lily Allen released her sophomore album It's Not Me, It's You last week. I am really digging it. I loved her first album Alright Still, and her latest effort doesn't disappoint. Her songs are pretty typical Lily - upbeat, cheeky and crass. I like that she sings with a distinct British accent.

Her first single "The Fear" is fantastic. I love the line, "I'm not a saint, and I'm not a sinner. Everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner." Allen has had to deal with the paparazzi and the pressures of fame, like all celebrities, and that is apparent in this song.

Her song "Him" about God is silly and somewhat blasphemous. She asks if God has ever tried cocaine or tried to evade taxes. I always skip that one on the album. The rest of her songs are catchy and fun. She talks about watching "tele" with a guy she likes in "Who'd Have Known" and "Chinese."

You can download the entire album on Amazon.com for $3.99. That's quite a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment