Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First set of 3 for Idol's top 12



Alexis Grace, Danny Gokey and Michael Sarver are through to the Top 12 in American Idol. I called two of those. I was hoping that Ricky Braddy would've been the third pick, but I figured that the popular Anoop Desai would get the spot.

I didn't think "roughneck" Michael's version of Gavin Degraw's I Don't Want to Be was that great. Hopefully his voice and stage presence will improve because he seems like a great guy.

Danny's version of Mariah Carey's Hero was heartfelt and hard to resist. It's quite obvious that all four judges love him (along with the rest of America). Sadly, his wife passed away four weeks before his audition.

Alexis's version of Aretha Franklin's Never Loved a Man was soulful and powerful. I liked her outfit last night, but her straw fedora-jean skirt-vest combo tonight was atrocious.

Michael and Danny both should rethink their shirt choices. The busy patterns aren't flattering and distract from their singing. I would love to see Danny in a Banana Republic cardigan and dark jeans; and Michael would look great in something dressier (i.e. a shirt and tie).

No comments:

Post a Comment