Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eye bling by David Yurman

I love David Yurman, but I must be really out of the loop because I had no idea that he made sunglasses. Some of them are blah, but some are actually quite glamorous (and quite expensive). [nordstrom.com]

The least expensive pair ($295) is the 'Cabled Oval Frame' glasses. They have a subtle cable detail and are available in black and tortoise. I like the nice, big oval shape. They're pretty underwhelming for the price though.
[nordstrom.com]

I think that my favorite pair is the 'Waverly' Cable sunglasses ($325 at Nordstrom). I love the oval frames and signature DY cable.
[nordstrom.com]

Another favorite is the super-cool 'Buckle' Aviator glasses ($425). These are available in gold or silver. It looks just like the iconic cable buckle bracelet, but on the temple instead of the wrist.
[nordstrom.com]

Now for the very pricey pairs. The 'Albion Geometric' sunglasses ($695) feature cushion-cut hematite stones outlined in sterling silver with smoke-gradient double lenses.
[saksfifthavenue.com]

The 'Mosaic' sunglasses are a whopping $895 at Saks. I think they're very pretty but yowza! They have black onyx stones set in gold vermeil. I don't know why this price is so shocking, since many women pay thousands for handbags, and you wear sunglasses just as often - or at least I do. However, gemstones in your shades seems a bit too indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment