Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The National at The National

I saw The National at The National in Richmond last week, and they were simply amazing. My sister has me listening to them since they're her all-time favorite. Apparently it's difficult to get tickets to their shows in NYC, so she was jealous.

The boys from Cincinnati, Ohio do not disappoint live. Lead singer Matt Berninger's baritone voice is so unique. They sang a lot of songs from their not-yet-released album High Violet as well as tunes from previous albums, Boxer and Alligator.


Their new song "Bloodbuzz Ohio" is so good. "I was carried to Ohio in a swarm of bees." I still don't really know exactly what the lyrics mean, but I love the song.
At one point Berninger ran out into the crowd (see above photo). He was also swigging a lot of wine from a plastic goblet, which my sister assured me was totally normal. It was an awesome show. Now I'm looking forward to seeing Iron & Wine next week!

1 comment: