Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What to get for Mother's Day?

Mother's Day is May 9. I've already gotten my mom's gift (and I can't post it, or she'd read about it!), but I've found some other great and affordable gifts for mom that go beyond the typical flowers.
[bananarepublic.com]

I know that my mom loves cardigans (and I do too for that matter). They are so wearable, and look great day or night. I really like the 'Sweetheart Exposed Seam Cardi' from Banana Republic because it comes in so many colors. It's $69.50, and sun bleached yellow and teal glaze are on sale for $49.99. [anthropologie.com]

The 'Beribboned Buds Cardi' from Anthropologie is another fabulous pick thanks to the floral design on the shoulder. It's on sale for $49.95 from $88. Note: If they ever sell out of something online, you can always call Anthro at 1·800·309·2500, and they will ship the item for free (!) to you if they can find it in a store.
[crateandbarrel.com]

My mom also likes to get new things for her house. I've heard several moms say that they need another wedding shower since theirs were so long ago. This bright, springy pillow would be the perfect addition to an otherwise boring sofa or chair. The 18" 'Emily Pillow' is $39.95 from Crate & Barrel. They actually sell the pillow insert with the pillow cover; some stores - which shall remain nameless - aren't so generous.


Another great pick from C&B are these yellow 'Lula Vases.' Bonus points if you add a flower! They're $9.95 to $19.95.[fishseddy.com]

Fishs Eddy is the perfect store for gifts for mom. If your mom likes wine, or even if she doesn't (they make great juice glasses), these 'Floral Italian Wine Glasses' are so lovely. A set of six different glasses come in a gift box for $33.95. The glasses are $5.50 individually.
[ulta.com]

Ulta is one of my fave stores for beauty products because of their plentiful deals and coupons. You can receive a free tote worth $40 with any $30 fragrance purchase. My mom's favorite scent is Miss Dior Cherie by Dior.
[sephora.com]


Sephora's 'Color Play 5-in-1' is the deal of the century. It's $150 worth of makeup for $29.50. It comes complete with 10 eyeshadows, two lipcolors and blush. My mom would absolutely love this. Plus, the five different looks have adorbable names: Dinner in Paris-Grays and blacks, Coffee in New York-Browns, Shopping in Milan-Purples and pinks, green, Tango in Buenos Aires-Blues and greens, and Clubbing in Tokyo-Baby blues, pinks, and yellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment