Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Penny lane loafers

[jcrew.com]

I chuckled when I saw the latest J.Crew catalog featuring penny loafers as one of the spring style tips. I've had a Bass pair since middle school which I guess were in style at the time (ohhh, the nineties), but they were always too big for me to wear.

Recently, I've been wanting to break them out since they actually fit me now but wasn't sure what to wear them with. My Bass loafers are identical to the ones sold at J.Crew. [whowhatwear.com]

I think they look great with a pair of black, cropped skinny "Minnie" pants shown at J.Crew (I will post the photo if I can find it). I agree with their styling tips that it's best to go sockless with these, or else it could look a little too MJ. I still think I like these best with dresses though. The ladies at Who What Wear reported this trend a while back. Oxfords and brogues are other popular borrowed-from-the-boys styles.

The G.H. Bass penny loafers are $120 at J.Crew - I definitely don't remember paying that much, but then again, I didn't buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment