Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Neon lights

[Imaxtree/InStyle.com]

Normally in the winter, colors get a little drabber. However, lately we've seen a lot of neon colors. Designers like Matthew Williamson, Zac Posen and BCBG Max Azria incorporated beaucoup bright colors in their spring 2010 collections. I used to have a neon yellow sweater - I wish I could find that thing because I would break it out stat.

Neon is not always the easiest to wear though as photos from the eighties will atest. I bought a neon reflective vest for a 6-mile Christmas lights running tour in downtown Richmond that I'm doing tomorrow, and I'm positive that even that will look awful. Perhaps the best way to approach this trend is through shoes - preferably in hot pink.
[cusp.com]

I'm obsessed with Elizabeth and James's 'Open-Throat Slingback.' These hot pink leather heels with floral cut-outs from Cusp would be perfect with a black dress.
The neon pink 'Cradle Wedge' by daniblack also from Cusp ($150) are also pretty fabulous. I envision them with black tights now and without for spring.
[nordstrom.com]

DV by Dolce Vita's 'Ontario' sandals ($49.95) in pink patent leather from Nordstrom are the perfect flats for a vacation.
I'm also loving these Betsey Johnson 'Keilor' sandals ($149.95) from Nordstrom. I'd wear them now with tights to a holiday party.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, neon footwear is so much easier to pull off, and I would love those betsey johnson sandals or the wedges. Pink shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete