Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New fave Christmas album

I remember working at The Limited during my college Christmas break and hearing "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" played over and over in the store. Every time I've heard it since, I think of overzealous holiday shoppers.

Yesterday when I was perusing Amazon.com, I noticed that they had the MP3 download of Ella Fitzgerald's Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas album for $2.99. This album includes the aforementioned song.

Anyway, I'm beyond excited about this deal as I think it could be a new favorite Christmas album. I had no idea that Miss Fitzgerald, a Virginia native, sang so many holiday classics. One of the greatest jazz singers of all time sure could sing some classy Christmas tunes.



Here are the album tracks...

1. Jingle Bells
2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
4. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
5. Sleigh Ride
6. The Christmas Song
7. Good Morning Blues
8. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
9. Winter Wonderland
10. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
11. Frosty The Snowman
12. White Christmas
13. The Secret Of Christmas
14. Medley: We Three Kings Of Orient Are/O Little Town Of Bethlehem
15. Christmas Island
16. The Christmas Song
17. White Christmas
18. Frosty The Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment