Monday, March 15, 2010

Chanel's Rouge Coco lipstick: Oui s'il vous plaît

[stylefrizz.com]
[chanel.com]

This weekend was my engagement party. I had a new dress from Anthropologie, and I needed a little somethin' somethin' in the makeup department to go with it. I went into Saks Fifth Avenue because I've been wanting to get Chanel's Rouge Coco hydrating lipstick for a while but just hadn't taken the time to find my shade yet. Johnny Depp's significant other Vanessa Paradis is the spokesmodel.
[stylelist.com]
[chanel.com]

The lady at the Chanel counter informed me that Sandra Bullock wore Rouge Coco to the Oscars. Lucky for me, I thought Sandra's makeup and hair were perfection. I tried on the lipstick in her shade Paris (#22) and was instantly smitten. It's a red with pink undertones. I also tried the lipliner in Carmin (#14), a slightly lighter shade that could be worn with other shades of lipsticks. When you're dealing with a bright and heavily pigmented color, lipliner always helps me put it on without smearing it all over my face.

Anyway, I bought the lipstick ($30) and lipliner ($28). My lips literally lasted the entire night of the party. They didn't feel parched either, which is what normally seems to happen with long-lasting lip colors. Check all of the colors out on Chanel's site. I also attempted her sleek, deeply side-parted, slightly curled on the ends 'do. It wasn't the exact same since I have bangs, but it was fun attempting it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment