Tuesday, March 9, 2010

J.Crew bargain hunting

J.Crew is offering 30% off items that are already on sale with the code EXTRA30, plus free shipping on orders of $150 or more through March 12. There are lots of fab items. My only annoyance is that purchases are final sale. Ugh, I wish they wouldn't do that!
[all photos jcrew.com]

Army details from camouflage prints to cargo pants are where it's at this spring. I'm loving these 'Ripstop Cargo Pants' ($39.99 from $79.50). I've tried them on several times in the store, and I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy them thanks to this sale. These slightly baggy pants look best rolled up and paired with heels, which makes them more feminine. Another army-influenced item is the 'Black Blossom Blazer' ($49.99 from $118). Upon close inspection it resembles camo fatigues, but it's still girly because of the flowers. As you can see, it looks great over layered tops and textures. Everyone needs a denim jacket. I love this 'Cropped Vintage Denim Jacket' ($98 from $118) because of the shorter length. It looks best worn over longer tops and dresses.
I've been eyeballing the 'Marché Satchel' ($189.99 from $248) for a while. The ladylike silhouette is spot-on for spring bag trends. This leather bag is available in fawn and salmon. I like this bag so much because it's structured and will not become the bottomless pit that many of my bags become. The pretty, woven satin 'Panier Clutch' ($49.99 from $88) comes in gorgeous jewel tones like bright plum, yellow and papaya. It's also available in classic black and ivory. This clutch measures 5 3/4" x 10 1/2," so it's the perfect size for a night out.
The 'Pearl-and-Crystal Avalanche Necklace' ($89.99 from $135) may look like a hot mess at first, but after really examining it, it works and is so chic. Pearls, crystal beads and gold chains never looked so good.
I've been wanting a retro swimsuit like this one for ages. The Juicy Couture one I've been eyeing has yet to go on sale from $200-plus. This 'Jersey Lomellina® Retro Bandeau Tank' ($89.99 from $115) is a fabulous grey color. Plus, it's made from Italian jersey and has a removable halter strap.

No comments:

Post a Comment